The Gleneagles Guesthouse sits proudly in one of Southend-on-Sea’s most scenic and tranquil clifftop locations, overlooking the beautiful Cliff Gardens and enjoying panoramic views of the Thames estuary and Southend’s vibrant seafront.
Ideally located for business and leisure, our elegant Grade II listed building dates back to the 1850′s. Just steps from the seafront, town centre and Cliffs Pavilion Theatre, it is conveniently located in one of the town’s most historic and tranquil conservation areas. Southend Airport is also just a 15-minute drive away.
Meet the owners
Local couple Garry Lowen and Penny Jones took ownership at the end of 2012 and have quickly established Gleneagles as one of the leading guesthouses in Southend. They consistently receive high praise from visitors and excellent reviews for their standards of service, quality of accommodation and the friendly welcome they always extend. Penny and Garry look forward to welcoming you soon.
Rooms are tastefully decorated, comfortable and well equipped.
- From singles to family rooms
and sea view suites
- Ensuite facilities, TV, free wi-fi access and tea/coffee making facilities in every room
- Panoramic views of the Thames estuary
and Southend seafront
- High quality breakfast menu made with locally sourced produce
- Peaceful location just steps from seafront, centre of town and the Cliffs Pavilion Theatre
- New ‘Terrace’ cafe offers morning coffee, light lunches and our speciality ‘Bandstand’ cream tea
Southend-on-Sea is one of the largest towns in Essex and the nearest seaside resort to London. A popular seaside destination since Victorian times, it is now a major centre for culture, entertainment and leisure and attracts more than 5 million visitors every year.
- For any enquiries Call us on 01702 333635 or click here to email us
- Make a booking
Pier Suite - sea view suite or family room £89.00 - £119.00 Estuary Suite - Double en-suite with sea view £89.00 - £119.00 Premier Room 3 - Double en-suite with sea view and seating area from £89.00 Twin En-suite - 2 single beds from £69.00 Standard Double En-suite from £69.00 Triple Room - Double and single en-suite £69.00 - £84.00
- For more information see our Tariffs page